Is an insurance company? is managed by City Financial Marketing Group Ltd., an insurance broker regulated by The Central Bank of Ireland. City Financial Marketing Group Ltd is also a member of the Irish Brokers Association and specialises in getting young drivers the best quality and best priced insurance available.

How does quote the best value car insurance in Ireland? has teamed up with various insurers to offer you great discounts for having lessons completed, Named Driving Experience, or a No Claims Bonus. We have a bank of 12 different Insurance Underwriters who supply us with insurance quotes. We then offer you the best quote depending on your circumstances.

What are the different types of car insurance cover available?

You may choose to buy Comprehensive Cover, Third Party Fire and Theft or Third Party only. You can choose which cover is best suited to you. You can ask our experts for advice as it’s something we deal with every day. It is entirely up to you.

What is the difference between these types of car insurance cover?

Third Party Only – If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident, the insurance company will insure you for claims made by third parties against you for personal injuries or property damage.

Third Party Fire and Theft will cover you for the above but will also insure you in the event your car is stolen or goes on fire.

Comprehensive Cover will cover you for the above but will also insure you for any damages to your own car.

Is windscreen cover included on my Comprehensive car insurance policy?

Most of our Comprehensive polices will automatically include windscreen cover up to a certain limit. We will notify you prior to cover if this has not been included on your policy. In some case we can add windscreen onto a Third Party Fire and Theft policy. We will provide you with the various options and you choose which suits you best. 

Can I buy my car insurance cover online?

At the moment, we don’t provide an online quotation system. In order to get you the best available rates, one of our experts will go through each detail of your policy and this way we can get you the policy most suited to your needs.

What happens after I pay for my Car insurance?

We will send you a cover letter by post or email confirming receipt of payment and confirming that your car is now insured and cover is in force. A proposal form will be attached to complete and return to – You have seven days to return this form along with the requested supporting documents. 

What documents will I be asked to supply?

When you buy the policy, you will be asked to provide us with some documents. A cover letter will be issued to you asking you to return these documents to us. The documents we require vary from policy to policy. Details of the documents we require are set out below. Please note there may be additional documents not listed that we could request. The cover letter will list the documents that we will need from you.

Proposal Form
In most car insurance policies we will ask you to sign and return a proposal. Please check that all details on the proposal are correct, as per image below. If any details are incorrect you should contact us immediately.

Drivers Licence
We require all policy holders to send us a copy of their drivers licence. It is important you send us a copy of both the front and back of your driver’s licence. We will also look for a copy of driver’s licences for any drivers named on the policy.

Plastic License

When sending in a copy of your plastic licence, please ensure all information on both the back and front of the licence is visible, as per the image below.

Certificate of No Claims Discount

For every year you are driving without an accident or a claim, you are entitled to a year’s no claims discount. These discounts are then used to reduce your insurance premium. This is usually obtained at the renewal stage of your insurance policy and is issued with your renewal invitation pack.

There are three types of discounts that we can use to help reduce your premium:

Earned No Claims Bonus: This is a bonus earned in your own name and the registration should be the same on the No Claims Bonus as the vehicle you wish to insure.

Mirrored No Claims Bonus: This is a bonus that is currently being used and earned on a different vehicle. Some insurers will allow us to mirror your no claims bonus and provide an introductory discount on the vehicle you wish to insure.

Named Driver Experience: This is a discount earned for being named on someone else’s policy. Please see below for a full description of named driver experience.

Please see below for an example of a No Claims Discount Certificate.

Letter of Driving Experience
A letter of driving experience is normally where you have been named on another policy – for example you may be a named driver on your wife’s/husband’s/parent’s/employer’s policy. In these cases we look for the insurance company to issue you with a letter confirming the number of years you have been named and confirm any claims details you may have.

Gap in Cover Letter
Some insurance companies allow you a no claims discount even if your last policy expired prior to taking out the policy with In the case where there is a break between the policies we will require you to complete a ‘gap in cover’ letter. This letter asks you to confirm that you have had no accidents or claims since the expiry date of the last policy. Normally, the maximum period an insurer will allow a gap to be is 2 years.

Direct Debit Mandates

Some insurers allow you to pay for your policy by monthly direct debit or through our third party finance provider, Close Premium Finance. If you would like to pay for your policy monthly, we may ask you to complete a direct debit mandate. Please note that we can only accept the mandate by post or a very clear scan.

Below is a table of the dates that each insurer collects their monthly payment:

Insurer Date

AXA1st working day of every month

LibertySame date as your renewal each month

ZurichSame date as your renewal each month

AvivaSame date as your renewal each month

AllianzThe first Friday after your renewal date

Close Premium FinanceSame date as your renewal each month

Once we have received the proposal form and all the requested documents, an annual certificate of insurance will be issued to you.

Yes we can arrange to match the no claims bonus you have earned on your van and transfer this discount to the new car insurance policy.

To make any changes whether permanent or temporary, you need to call our customer service team. Please call us on 01 231 9310.

Each policy has different excess and this can depend on the type of car insured or the age of the drivers covered on the policy. Your policy schedule will give you the details of your policy excess.

A car insurance excess is the amount you pay in the event of a claim where there is damage or loss to your car. For example, if your policy excess is €250.00 and you have an accident where the cost of repair is €2,000. The insurers in this case will pay you €2,000 less the €250 so the total you will receive is €1,750. You only pay an excess if it is your insurance company that has to pay the claim.

You can cancel your car insurance policy by sending your insurance certificate and disc, along with written confirmation to our offices, indicating that you wish to cancel your policy. Please check, prior to cancelling, the amount you are due to be refunded as some insurers may charge more for cancelling especially if the cancellation is within the first year.